The Sydney Opera House has announced Dettol Australia as its newest Global Goals partner, supporting the world-famous Center for the Performing Arts 'commitment to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
Dettol will partner with the Opera House on a range of engaging and interactive experiences that aim to teach permanent hygiene habits to the next generation of Australians.
The opera house supports the two-year partnership announced during the Global Goals week through:
- Creative and educational experiences in his new, purpose-built center for creativity, due to open early next year. The center will enable children and school classes to interact on-site and online with the rich First Nations history of the site, the magic and science of the building, and the extraordinary art and artists who bring the opera house's stages to life.
- Free, participatory creative game workshops and other events for children and families during the school holidays.
Dettol's hand washing tips and hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the opera house to reinforce tried and tested hygiene and encourage the return of artists, audiences and visitors.
Louise Herron AM, CEO of the Sydney Opera House, says: “The pandemic has made us aware of the importance of health and hygiene like never before. I welcome Dettol as our newest Global Goals partner with a special focus on the health of the youngest Australians. The initiatives made possible by this partnership will have a positive impact on our community and contribute to the tremendous collective effort required to achieve the global goals. "
According to Henry Turgoose, Chief Marketing Officer of Reckitt Health ANZ, the partnership with the Opera House comes when Dettol launches Catch a Habit, a special program that will help Dettol accomplish its mission of empowering Australian families to do good Adopting hand hygiene habits and improving hygiene skills gap identified by Dettol research.
“According to the United Nations, washing hands with soap is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread of infectious diseases. On our mission to empower Australian families to protect what they love, we partnered with the Opera House to teach Australian children great hygiene habits through imagination, innovation and access. Through this partnership we want to reach a million children in order to improve hygiene skills, stop the spread of germs and break chains of infection. "
This partnership will support the Opera House's contribution to three global goals:
- Good health and wellbeing that promote healthy living and promote wellbeing.
- Quality education that ensures inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities.
- Clean water and sanitation that ensures the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation, with hand washing being one of the most effective measures to reduce the spread of pathogens and prevent infection.
Ahead of its 50th anniversary in 2023, the Opera House is looking for partners across Australia and around the world to join in its efforts to initiate positive change in line with global goals. Dettol joins Honeywell, which is working with the opera house on sustainability initiatives over the next three years, including making the opera house climate-positive by 2023.