Coles and Liquorland have unveiled their extensive and great value Christmas range, including more than 142 new festive supermarket products, 150 delicious new drinks and the first-ever collectable range designed by Michelin award-winning chef and ambassador Curtis Stone available exclusively at Coles, demonstrating how all Australians can enjoy celebrations within their budget this spring and summer.
“A passionate team of development chefs, Aussie farmers, product developers, and food and drink specialists have gone to great lengths to curate a range of easy to prepare festive favourites, making Coles the destination for delicious food and drinks this Christmas,” according to Coles and Liquorland.
From entertaining platters, canapés, the main meal, seafood, desserts, something sweet, decorations, gifts, florals and refreshments, Coles has everything Aussies need to enjoy the festive season and start planning their celebrations.
In a recent survey of Coles customers, over 60% said their favourite part of Christmas was spending time with family and friends and this year 20% said they will be making more food at home this festive season (Coles Circle, Christmas Early Survey, n=7,416).
To help customers enjoy their time with their loved ones, Coles has curated a Christmas range featuring 349 products in total — including 142 new supermarket products to stretch budgets further, from great value, quality, and affordable products, through to the indulgent Coles Finest range including:
- Coles Single Smoked Beechwood Ham is an Australian sow-stall free pork made in Western Australia, which has been smoked for additional flavour. It won bronze at the Sydney Fine Food Show in 2022.
- Coles Finest Triple-Smoked Beechwood Ham is a certified carbon-neutral Australian sow-stall free pork made in Western Australia, which has been smoked for a drier meat finish with a punchy sweet flavour.
- Coles Finest Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breast is RSPCA Approved and Australian made, offering an indulgent main course option with oozing camembert filling, salty prosciutto wrapping and fig butter puck.
- Coles Finest Hunter Valley Free Range Turkey Crown with fruity stuffing is free-range turkey breast, marinated with a blend of sea salt and seasoning, with a spiced fruit stuffing topped with a bacon lattice.
- Coles Finest French Tartlets are perfect for Christmas entertaining. The trio of tartlet flavours include goat’s cheese and onion confit, red capsicum, goat’s cheese and mint, and cream cheese zucchini and basil.
- Coles Finest Minted Peas, Parmentier Potatoes and Parisian Carrots are bursting with sweetness and include a herb butter puck for the ultimate indulgent finish.
- Coles Finest Blackforest Christmas Tree Cake is the show-stopping dessert option for Christmas. The decadent cake is vanilla mousse with Amarena cherries and layers of chocolate sponge, set on a hazelnut praline feuilletine, and hand-finished with icing sugar and a chocolate crumb.
- Coles Christmas Negroni-Flavoured Sorbet is an orange-based sorbet that is perfectly flavoured with notes of Vermouth, Gin and Campari.
- Coles Finest Luxury Belgian Chocolate and Orange Pudding will not disappoint with Belgian chocolate, speckled sponge and notes of zesty Sicilian orange.
- Coles Finest Luxury Madagascan Vanilla Meringue Wreath is a sophisticated twist on an Aussie classic. The light meringue feathers are speckled with Madagascan vanilla seeds, ready to be topped with cream and your favourite summer fruit.
- Canard-Duchêne NV Brut Champagne has a golden hue and delicate bubbles, and with notes of stone fruit and hints of buttery brioche, pairs perfectly with sweet or savoury appetisers.
- Hidden Gem Semillon Sauvignon Blanc is a refreshing, full-flavoured blend with tropical notes of zesty lemon and gooseberry, and a clean, crisp finish that pairs perfectly with canapés and recently won a Gold medal at the Riverina wine show.
- Coles Festive Decorated Advent Calendar is a Christmas classic filled with scrumptious gingerbread biscuits perfect for family entertaining in the lead up to Santa’s arrival.
Coles Ambassador and Michelin Star award-winning chef Curtis Stone says this year’s Coles Christmas range offers great variety, quality and value for Christmas celebrations big and small.
Coles Ambassador and Michelin Star award-winning chef Curtis Stone.
“Christmas is such a special time of year for Aussies, and we’ve thought of everything to make sure Coles’ high-quality and delicious products cater to all Christmas styles — from a casual backyard lunch to a formal dinner with all the trimmings — and offer value to customers when they shop with my new BBQ collectable range,” Mr Stone said.
“From single, double and triple-smoked hams, to a decadent luxury Belgian chocolate and orange pudding, Coles’ Christmas range has you covered no matter how you Christmas.
“My favourite thing at Christmas is fresh tiger prawns which can be prepared so many different ways, grilled on the barbie, on a seafood platter with a little dipping sauce or even tossed through a salad perfect for a hot summer day.”
Coles Chief Executive Officer Leah Weckert.
Coles Chief Executive Officer Leah Weckert says the focus this year was to produce a wide range of delicious Christmas products that would cater to any festive celebration budget.
“We know it’s been a difficult year for Aussies who are continuing to feel the pinch of cost-of-living pressures, which is why this year’s range caters to a number of different price points to help our customers celebrate Christmas, no matter their budget or festive plans,” Ms Weckert said.
“We are committed to being the destination of choice this Christmas for all of our customers’ needs by ensuring our range offers value for money, quality, innovation and convenience. From decorations for the home to decadent desserts, you can truly find it all at Coles this Christmas.”
Coles Liquor General Manager Customer Mia Lloyd says Australians have more choice of award-winning drops than ever before this festive season.
“With 150 new products in our range, we truly have a treasure trove of high-quality drops that are great value for customers, including some of my favourites — our award-winning Hidden Gem Semillon Sauvignon Blanc which is an unbelievable $4 a bottle, James Busby Vineyard Series McLaren Vale Grenache which recently won a Double Gold at the Melbourne International Wine, Beer and Spirits competition at $40 and Canard-Duchêne NV Brut Champagne from $70,” Ms Lloyd said.
“Our customers are sure to find something perfect for any festive celebration — from Christmas parties through to Boxing Day and New Years — helping to make this holiday season a time to remember.”
This year’s Christmas products demonstrate the great lengths Coles continues to strive towards to ensure great value, quality and freshness for its customers, while helping family budgets go further and it could not be achieved without the dedication of incredible suppliers like Country Chef, Primo, Manbulloo Mangoes and Australian International Foods who were in Sydney to help launch their festive range.
Photography: Coles Christmas 2023 Launch at Sun Studios on October 12, 2023 in Sydney, Australia. (Photos by Hanna Lassen/Getty Images for Coles).