The annual IGA Awards of Excellence in Queensland and North NSW have focused on leading IGA businesses.
At this year's state awards, 10 stores in Queensland and North NSW were recognized after winning the following awards:
- Queensland SUPA IGA Shop of the Year, SUPA IGA Department of Milk Freezers of the Year, SUPA IGA Department of Fresh Products of the Year, SUPA IGA Bakery Department of the Year, SUPA IGA Meat Department of the Year, SUPA IGA Delicatessen Department of the Year: SUPA IGA Mt Cotton
- Rising Star Award: Scott Elliot from SUPA IGA Mt Cotton
- Queensland IGA Store of the Year, Retail Transformation & Innovation Award, IGA Bakery Department of the Year, IGA Delicatessen Department of the Year: White & # 39; s IGA Mt Coolum
- IGA Xpress Store of the Year: IGA Xpress Alexandra Hills
- IGA Community Award: IGA Tweed Valley and IGA Murwillumbah
- IGA & SUPA IGA award for customer service and experience: SUPA IGA Tully
- IGA Dairy Freezer Department of the Year: Ritchies IGA Evans Head
- SUPA IGA Food and General Goods Department of the Year: Fresh Street Market IGA
- IGA Department of Food and General Merchandise of the Year: IGA North Rockhampton
- IGA fresh produce department of the year: IGA Noosa Outlook
- IGA Meat Department of the Year: Cornetts IGA Cooktown
"This year we were once again blown away by the excellent quality of the contributions in Queensland and Northern NSW," said Roy Leisk, General Manager of Metcash Food in Queensland and Northern NSW.
"Not only have these stores provided personalized experiences to buyers who come in through their doors, they also go far beyond that to take advantage of their local community and independent food retailing industry."
Frank Spano, chairman of the IGA State Board in Queensland and Northern NSW, also congratulated the winners: “Local grocers are the heart and soul of state and nation communities. They are constantly working in the background to do everything for their region, including adapting their product offerings to their local catchment areas, supporting local farmers and suppliers and taking part in community events. "
The National IGA Awards of Excellence winners will be announced on July 20, Monday 2020.