Are you considering taking out a mortgage to buy your new home? Continue reading!
Photos by: Unsplash
You know PHH Mortgage is a large company that has been around for a while, so consider topping up to meet your loan needs. If all goes well, you may have enough left to pay off credit card and other debts. But is PHH a good company? Well, let's move on to the reviews of PHH Mortgage Company.
What is a PHH Mortgage?
Let's start here. PHH is a 30-year non-bank lender based in New Jersey. In fact, it is one of the largest mortgage companies in the country. The company operates in 18 states and offers several types of mortgage products, including refinancing and assistance for those looking to buy a new home, in particular First time home buyers. The company is also popular with those who need help with vacation homes and investment properties. While PHH offers competitive rates and 24/7 online account access, it doesn't offer home equity line of credit or loans like USDA, renovation or bridging.
What types of products does PHH Mortgage offer?
Specifically, the lender offers these types of credit: conventional, FHA, VA, jumbo, refinancing, cash-out refinancing, fixed interest, variable interest, investment property and vacation home.
What type of clients does PHH Mortgage specialize in?
Since the company is focused on loan service, most of its customers already have a loan. That explains why the PHH website is limited in terms of your ability to apply for a mortgage online. It also provides little information about required credit scores, down payment requirements, acquisition fees, and mortgage rates. However, the website has several resources on the home buying process and information on all types of mortgage loan.
What About PHH Mortgage Complaints?
Over the past decade, nearly 3,300 complaints have been filed against the company in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's complaint database. In addition, the Better Business Bureau awards the PHH a “C” rating. cash Reviews of the PHH mortgage company and see what they say.
Also, a few years ago a court ordered PHH to spend $ 45 million to resolve lawsuits filed by dozens of attorneys general against them for alleged misconduct related to single-family mortgage handling.
About these reviews?
Well, from the Bills.com site, here are some examples from 2019:
- From Alfred Johnson: “I still can't log into New Portal. All other areas of the website are accessible. "
- From A. Sawdo: "Your new" improved "portal is screwed up. Gave me confirmation and never took payment in November. Now they want a late payment fee and two payments. I also have to call because they won't let me pay online. "
- From Patricia Hall: “You can't even access your own account. That should tell you a lot about a company … your account that you pay monthly payments into and they don't allow you to go and see it. "
- From Steve Rusbarsky: "I just signed up to say how terrible my ongoing experience with PHH Mortgage / mortgagequestions.com has been."
- From Gren Mac: Sixty days and a refi that they asked us for. The loan is A Paper and it still lasts forever. No callbacks and when we call them it's like excuse after excuse.
The final result? The company is known for helping home buyers navigate the process, and for its various credit options for first time buyers, seasoned homebuyers, and investors. However, the reviews of the PHH Mortgage Company are negative, much of it related to the PHH website or customer service. When considering your mortgage and financing needs, it is all about your priorities. Compare your options … and make a good choice.