Aussies feel more attached to their communities than ever and are actively choosing to support their local malls and businesses.
This is evident from the findings of Shopper in its Closer to Home Research Study.
“In the face of the pandemic, local communities have become an increasingly important part of our lives,” said Emily Sak, Head of Data and Insights at Shopper.
"Shopper did this study because we wanted to understand what it really means to be local, what Australians are doing to meet their need for connection and belonging, and whether this is a temporary postponement or a long-term reset."
Shopper's results showed that Australians choose to stay closer to home and have a stronger emotional bond with where they live.
“The study shows that in the face of persistent uncertainty, Australians are drawn to what feels comfortable, safe and trustworthy. Even as lockdown restrictions wear off, consumers will enjoy stronger connections within their local communities. "
Closer to home study, June 2021
- 83% of Australians spend more time at home.
- 1 in 3 Australians feel more connected to their local community than ever before.
- 62% of Australians try to support local businesses where they can.
- 6 out of 10 Australian shoppers have tried new dealers in the past 12 months.
- One in three Australians says they are more open to a brand change than in the past.
"This study shows that brands are not just about being close to their place of residence, but also about being closer to the values, needs and desires of consumers and being more in tune with their thoughts and feelings," added Frau Add sak.
To learn more, visit shoppermedia.com.au.