High participation in recent surveys of linen, uniform and facility service operators used to compile the annual TRSA Industry performance report and Compensation report for factory employees, has compiled compelling industry-wide financial data to identify strategies that drive long-term business success. These final results of these surveys were distributed free of charge to the TRSA member companies that provided data for the Industry Performance Report (58 companies) and the Plant Employee Compensation Report (40 companies). The full reports are now available for purchase at www.trsa.org/store.
Using 2019 financial data, confidential and compiled by the MacKay Research Group of Boulder, CO, these reports are the only industry-wide research that allows operators to compare:
- Income statements, balance sheets, financial and employee productivity metrics
- Exempt employee compensation, non-exempt hourly wages and fringe benefits
TRSA Industry performance report collects data on the productivity, efficiency and financial performance of operating companies:
- Annual Sales Volume (less than $ 8M, $ 8M – $ 12M, $ 12M – $ 30M, $ 30M +)
- Number of plants (single plant, multiple plants)
- Market specialty (industrial, food and beverage (F&B) laundry, healthcare, mixed rental)
In the income statements for each of these categories, the cost of goods, work, delivery, sales and administration are divided into a total of 22 items. Return on investment and product profiles indicate strategic profit model ratios, sales by market, pounds per hour of operation, and delivery costs per route. The productivity statistics include the average employees in each category according to function, turnover, wage and salary costs according to function and turnover per employee.
TRSA Compensation report for factory employees provides detailed information on salaries, wages and benefits. The results of the operating companies are structured according to the following criteria:
- Annual Sales Volume (Under $ 5M, $ 5-10M, $ 10-50M, $ 50M +)
- Number of locations (single, two, three or more)
- Market specialty (industrial, food and beverage (F&B) laundry, healthcare, mixed landlords)
- Regional analysis:
- New England (states include CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)
- Mid-Atlantic (D. C., DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV)
- South (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN)
- Midwest (IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, SD, WI)
- West (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, KS, MT, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, WY)
- Overview of the job descriptions of the 15 employees that were used to prepare the report
The TRSA Compensation report for factory employees also includes questions related to the ever-changing workplace culture, which focuses on diversity in the responding companies. These questions range from a percentage of companies that focus on diversity to specific examples and initiatives they have taken to promote diversity in the workplace.
Both TRSA members and non-members can purchase these reports (available separately or bundled for savings) through the TRSA webshop at www.trsa.org/store.