Clean a manual can opener
How to clean the cutting blades and the wheel on the can opener and keep them clear.
- Fold a paper towel in 3rds or 4ths
- Close the can opener blades on the towel as if you were opening a can
- Turn the handle and let the paper towel run through the can opener to remove dirt and food particles
- If you open particularly juicy things like beans, tuna, tomato sauce, etc., clean the can opener immediately
- Wash the can opener with hot soapy water with a brush or an old toothbrush to remove dirt. Rinse well and let dry
- If the can opener is difficult to turn, lubricate it by folding a piece of wax paper in thirds or quarters and running it through the can opener several times.
- The wax on the paper lubricates the blades and the wheel, making them easy to turn
Warnings and precautions:
Dirt from the top of the can, food, and dirt collect on the blades and wheel of the can opener. This can get into the can of food you open.
When washing the can opener, leave it open for a while before storing to allow it to dry without rusting. Wash or wipe the lid of the cans before opening to remove dirt
Cleaning tip title: Clean a can opener
New content: YES
WP Forms Entry ID: 13344