It's exciting to see what your home will look like after construction is complete. It can also be an annoyance to clear up the mess after construction. Some contractors may include post-construction cleaning in their service, although it may not meet your standards. What happens if it is not included? There is no choice but to do it yourself. There are some post-construction cleaning techniques that you should use to ensure a properly clean home.
Here is a quick guide to post-construction cleaning developed by MaidForYou.
Removal of debris
Deposits are expected after construction or renovation. Various types of waste often remain on the floor so you can clear them. Cleaning after construction is critical as part of the trash can be dangerous or poison your pets.
Quick guide to removing dirt after construction:
- Wear safety equipment before you start clearing rubble.
- Separate the larger and smaller debris.
- Separate the recyclable materials such as cardboard, asphalt, glass, plastic, scrap metal and wood.
- Dispose of the post waste properly.
Dusting is an essential step after construction. Proper dusting is important to ensure that all surfaces in your newly finished house are free of dirt. It is also important to learn the right dusting techniques to prevent the dirt from being scattered on other parts of your home.
Correct dusting steps and techniques:
- Start dusting off the ceiling and work your way down.
- Dusting should be done in one direction to prevent the dirt from spreading. Make sure the duster is clean. Choosing the right dust material is important to properly remove the dust on your wall.
Another way to remove dust after construction is by vacuuming. There are different types of vacuum cleaners with different attachments for the floor and walls. Pay attention to the carpet and furniture and make sure that all dirt stains are removed. Dust is expected to accumulate after construction.
Correct suction steps and techniques:
- Vacuum the edges of the room in front of the carpet.
- Vacuum horizontally … and vertically again! This trick can remove all dirt on the floor and carpet, especially pet hair and dander.
- Vacuum away from the far corner of the door and leave the room.
- Use an air freshener to remove odors or smells. It can refresh the whole house and also improve the air quality.
Wipe all surfaces
Wiping off all surfaces is the most obvious step you need to do after construction. It is important to wipe all surfaces in your new home as dust will settle on the surface if you don't take care of it immediately. Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe it. Microfiber cloth is recommended as it can easily pick up dirt. Check the top of the cabinets, baseboards, interior shelves and drawers.
Here are the parts of your home that are often overlooked:
- Small devices
- Window sills
- Door handles
- Ceiling fans
Pressurized laundry can help remove dirt and odor from your newly built home. It can remove all dirt from the edges of the room, the windows and under the furniture. The house can also look fresh from the outside thanks to pressure washing in the outer part of your house.
Here are five rules to keep in mind when washing your new house under pressure:
- Safety first.
- Close the windows when you wash the exterior of your new house under pressure.
- Be careful when using cleaning solutions.
- Avoid using a powerful pressure washer, as this can damage glass windows and doors.
- Check the strength of the washing machine when cleaning the walls.
Cleaning tools and accessories after construction
Cleaning after construction requires the right tools and tools to get the best result. In some cases, cleaning can be stressful because physical activity and lifting are required. Using the right equipment can also help speed up the cleaning process and make the job much easier and more convenient.
Here is a list of the cleaning supplies you may need:
- Trash bags
- Microfiber fabric
- Cleaning solution
It is important to use high quality detergents to get the best results. You also need to be careful as detergents can damage the walls, floor and surfaces of your home. In addition, you can also use natural cleaners like baking soda and vinegar.
Cleaning tools and equipment after construction
In order to make your cleaning process more efficient after construction, you need the following devices:
- vacuum cleaner
- high pressure cleaner
- Ultrasonic cleaner (for cleaning blinds, chandeliers and artificial plants)
- Extension manager
Contact MaidForYou for post-construction cleaning in Sydney!