Make your home trend for 2020 with these 5 easy ways!
Photo by: Elle Decor
We're a little over a month in the new year and there's no better way to start over than with a refreshed, redesigned home – especially if cleaning and organizing were two of your resolutions! If you're looking for inspiration, you've come to the right place. This article describes 5 simple ways you can improve the aesthetics of your home.
1. Keep it clean
Cleaning is probably the most important part of maintaining your home, but is often the most difficult. To have a big impact on the look and feel of your household, quick cleaning could do the trick! Here are some cleaning tips to help you stay motivated beyond the spring cleaning season.
1. Instead of choosing a room to clean, focus on one task and cover the whole house. Such as vacuuming. Start with the bedrooms and then go to the public areas. When you are finished, continue with the next task.
2. Disinfect worktops and surfaces regularly. Light switches, kitchen counters, remote controls and doorknobs easily collect germs and dust.
3. Sweep first, then wipe. This seems obvious, but that doesn't make it any less remarkable! When sweeping, streaky hair, crumbs and dust particles are collected that you don't want to get caught in your mop.
4. Let the bathroom cleaner sit before wiping it off. For thorough cleaning, it is important that you let your bathroom's detergent soak in so that it has time to dissolve and remove stains.
5. Relax before you start! If you're struggling to get your house completely clean, it may be because you have too much clutter. Mess creates more nooks and crannies where you can dust up dust, and it can also make your room look messy rather than coherent. That brings us to our next tip …
2. Minimize the clutter
There are two types of people in the world, those who love to organize and those who cannot think of a worse way to spend their weekends. If you fall into the latter camp, you may find it difficult to get motivated, but here are some helpful hacks to make debugging much easier.
1.Create three stacks for quick organization:
* Donate items to Goodwill or sell them online with Poshmark or OfferUp
* Limbo: Temporarily place these items in a box and keep the box in a spare cabinet at your home for a month. If you need an item in the box next month, keep it and donate the rest.
2. Make sure everything has a home.
* Organize yourself by creating more storage space in your home. From blankets and pillows to games and TV consoles, everything should have a place to live. Classify plastic storage containers by opting for a sideboard or sideboard from Hooker Furniture instead!
3. Organize regularly.
* Organizing doesn't have to be a big Sunday project! If you make an effort to take things out while they're being taken out, you don't have to tidy up much by the weekend.
Photo by: AD
3. Bring in some green
One of the easiest ways to transform a room is to bring in some green. Not only are they a wonderful design addition, they also have some emotional and physical health benefits. Certain houseplants such as snake plants, spider plants and dragon trees act as natural air purifiers and thrive indoors. Although they don't require a lot of attention, those who want an option with even less maintenance may opt for succulent plants. Aloe veras are easy to care for, but require a lot of sunlight and also act as a natural air purifier. Check out this post from The Sill to find out why you need plants in your life and which ones are right for you and your space!
4. Integrate new and old
Try to integrate both new and old items to create a unique aesthetic in your home. A new bed frame inspired by the mid-century and a vintage Persian rug create a balanced and cozy aesthetic that you will admire in the years to come.
Photo by: AD
5. Play with color
Another easy and inexpensive way to improve the aesthetics of your home is to paint an accent wall. Don't be afraid to use bright colors like Golden Hour, Matcha Latte or Sriracha from Clare Paints.
Use these five tips to improve your home and share your results in the comments below!