Quick Thanksgiving Tips
THANKS FAST TIPS – As seen on 3TV / Phoenix (Good Morning Arizona) – Monday, November 25th, 2019 at 8:45 a.m.
I just had an email from a woman decorating pine cones that she had collected and then found insects in the decorative container they were in.
If you collect your own pine cones for holiday decorations, you must remove them before use. Beetles love to collect in them.
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Use an old baking sheet or cover one well with foil. Place the pine cones in a single layer and cook for 45 minutes. Now you can decorate without mistakes.
Quick tips to keep it simple
- Make sure you have disposable pans on hand. Warehouses sell steam pans that correspond to a 9 x 13 pan at a very low cost. Save the messy cleanups by using them and throwing them after dinner. Make a buffet? Boil and serve in the same pan. Ideal for sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and many other foods.
- Do what you can. Make your mashed potatoes and place a crockpot liner in your crockpot on serving day, set them to low and let them warm up with occasional stirring. Throw the liner when you're done.
- Prepare your sauce earlier in the day and put it in a thermos to keep it hot and ready to serve. You have one pan less on the stove.
- Prevent the oven from overflowing by placing a baking sheet under your dishes if it overflows or blisters.
- If you have a pan with food stuck in it, fill it with hot water and add a teaspoon of detergent or drop it on a fabric softener sheet. Both soften the feel of the food and allow you to get rid of the mess and wash yourself easily.
- Prepare yourself for a smoker. Things overflow, it starts to smoke and smell. Stop it immediately by pouring a heavy layer of table salt over the mess. Smoking and smell stop immediately and later, when the oven has cooled, you can remove the mess with a spatula.
- Have several large bottles of soda ready. It's the OOPS – I can't believe I spilled this spotter. Pour it on the dirt and the carbonate will bubble up so you can bloat it and the salts will prevent anything from changing color. Spilling red wine…. Pour white wine on it and pat, pat, pat.
Share with your friends!