To learn more about our editorial integrity guidelines and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
A complete set of the right garden tools is crucial for both experienced and inexperienced gardeners. But it doesn't end with spades and shovels. With a great garden stool you can make the landscaping easier and relieve your joints and your back. This makes gardening as pleasant as possible. But with so many stools for sale, which one should you buy – and where should you start your research?
At Gardening Know How we know that choosing a stool is a difficult decision. We've put together some of the best garden stools available online to make your gardening safer and less stressful.
Our evaluation team has taken various standards and considerations into account when choosing the best garden stool. In our search, we took into account things like price, value, expected life of the product, customer reviews and much more.
# 1 Abco Tech Garden Kneeler & Seat
This stool from Abco Tech has a unique foldable design for easy storage. It can be used both as a seat and as a knee pad and is an ideal garden companion for older gardeners as well as for people with back and joint disorders. The bench also comes with a side tool pocket, which makes it even more convenient.
The Abco Tech Garden Kneeler & Seat currently has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars and 787 customer reviews on Amazon.
On June 8, 2017, Amazon user Retired Bob wrote how well this stool works for seniors:
Very well designed and manufactured. Perfect for an old man like me to use in the garden, but also to help get up mat exercises without other support. Sounds crazy, but you'll all get old someday and that's a real friend.
- Thick cushion relieves joint pain
- Foldable design is ideal for easy storage
- Double both as a seat and as a knee pad
- With tool bag on the side for easy gardening
# 2 Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 garden stool
The Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 garden stool is the perfect accessory for handicapped gardeners and people with mobility problems. The stool has robust plastic wheels that facilitate movement and form a robust, UV-resistant body. The stool can weigh up to 200 kg and has a soft, thick knee pad that is perfect for all gardeners. As the name suggests, the 4-in-1 stool has a variety of unique tools: a knee pad, a stable seat, an inner storage box and easy-rolling wheels.
The Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 garden stool currently has a 3.7-star rating with a total of 97 customer reviews.
On May 5, 2019, P Priddy noted the convenience of this product:
This will benefit a lot. I find it difficult to bend down and kneel while working in the yard. This is great because I don't have to search for all of my garden tools.
- The UV-resistant body ensures that your chair looks good
- Rolling wheels mean simple, stress-free movement
- The stool acts as a knee pad, seat, bench and storage box
- Maximum weight of 220 pounds
# 3 Pure Garden Cart Roller With Seat
If you are looking for a permanent way to make moving around your garden easier, you should consider this model from Pure Garden. The Pure Garden Cart scooter with seat has a robust, grooved wheel set that makes it easier to navigate in uneven terrain. The easy-to-assemble body makes the stool easy for gardeners with accessibility issues to modify, and the stool is made from durable PVC and stainless steel.
The Pure Garden Cart Roller with seat currently has an average rating of 3.9 out of 5.0 and has 319 customer ratings.
On August 24, 2015, Patricia W. wrote how well this stool works for gardeners with mobility problems:
I love this product. It was very easy to put together, which was a plus. It is sturdy and I use it all the time. Since I have mobility problems, I could not work in my garden without this garden scooter.
- Durable body is designed for longevity
- With grooved, robust wheels for grass and rough terrain
- Light material makes transportation easier
- The stool has a shelf under the seat that facilitates access to tools
# 4 California Picnic Garden Tools Set Organizer & Seat
Are you looking for an all-in-one garden tool or a gift set for a first gardener? The Garden Tools Set Organizer & Seat by California Picnic is perfect for inexperienced gardeners and veterans alike. The foldable seat is perfect for storage in a small space, and the stool even comes with a full set of garden tools to start your collection. This option is perfect for anyone looking for an easy way to get around their garden – or want to start their first garden this season.
The California Picnic Tools Set Organizer & Seat currently has an average rating of 4.5 stars and two customer reviews on Amazon.
On December 22, 2019, MBB encouraged buyers to turn to their inner “fool” and invest in this seat:
I thought I was stupid to buy it, and I am, but it's also super practical. I rent a property in a communal garden and always wish I had something to sit on. The seat is stable and the pocket underneath is spacious. Just accept your inner fool.
- Includes a complete tool set for beginners
- Light seat is easy to move
- Includes a storage space under the seat for easy access
- Easy to fold up and stow in a small space
# 5 Idealux high performance folding chair
The Idealux high performance folding stool is the ideal tool for every gardener who is looking for a balance between portability and strength. The light frame is made of stainless steel and is designed so that it lasts for a long time and remains mobile at the same time. The stool can carry up to 150 pounds and has side pockets for easy access to the tool. The seat is water-repellent and therefore ideal for gardeners who live in rainy or humid climates. It also includes a small set of stainless steel garden tools that are ideal for beginners.
The Idealux high performance folding stool currently has an average rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars and eight customer reviews on Amazon.
On June 9, 2019, Robert and Marlene wrote how useful this multifunctional tool is both inside and outside of their garden:
This chair is small enough to store and strong. Material is very strong. I even use it on the beach because it's light too. The garden tools are good material.
- Light, water-repellent body material is ideal for rainy climates
- The stainless steel frame is portable and can be folded down quickly
- Contains a small set of stainless steel garden tools
- Stainless steel frame resists rust and decomposition
Things to consider when buying garden stools
Are you still looking for the right garden stool for your collection? Consider these important points before you buy.
- Weight restrictions – If you are a gardener of greatness, you should check the weight limit of each chair before making a decision. Many chairs have a maximum supported weight, and this limit can be as low as 150 pounds.
- Body material – If you live in a humid or rainy climate, you should consider a stool made of a stainless material. Even if you don't leave your chair in the rain, damp grass and soil can quickly rust your chair.
- Portability – Older gardeners or gardeners with disabilities may have difficulty moving a heavy garden stool. Look for a stool with a light frame and design to make movement less stressful.
- Camp – A non-folding garden stool can quickly take up a lot of space in a small shed or in a garage. Look for a stool that can be folded up to save space if you live in an apartment or a smaller house.